INTERNSHIP AT THE UNIVERSITY OF MADECONIA’S JEAN
MONNET CENTER OF EXCELLENCE
FROM NOVEMBER 2017 TO MAY 2018 AND ITS TERMS
Any undergraduate or postgraduate students that wish to, can sign up for a non-paying internship at the Jean Monnet Center of Excellence by sending an email under the subject “praktiki askisi” at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV attached, by Wednesday November 8th 2017.
The positions are offered for 6 to 8 students form the Department of International and European Studies of UoM, 4 students from the Department of Law of AUTh or DUTh, 1 student from the Department of Journalism of AUTh and 1 student from the Department of Political Science of AUTh.
Interviews will be held on Thursday November 9th 2017 at 15.00 at the office 321B on the third floor of the KZ Tower of University of Macedonia. Order of priority will apply.
The excellent knowledge of the English language is a requirement and the interviewees will be taking an informal written test in which they will have to translate a paragraph from Greek to English. The test will take place from 15.00 to 16.00
Terms of the internship:
The terms of the internship are the following:
The internship is non-paying. It will last from Friday November 10th 2017 to May 25th 2018, with breaks for Christmas and Easter vacation, and the exam weeks in January. It will be flexible to accommodate the students’ schedule first and foremost. It includes voluntary work for approximately 12 hours per week for the interns. The excellent knowledge of the English language (Proficiency) is an important qualification, as well as the successful passing in classes that are related to international relationships of European issues. In the case of unjustified and continuing neglect of duties the internship will be terminated and there will be no certificate awarded. The internship can be long-distance, however the interns must be physically present at the University at least once a week, in order to coordinate with the holder of the Jean Monnet Chair and the coordinators of the Jean Monnet Center of Excellence, upon agreeing on a day and time that suits everyone involved.
The internship will include two or more of the following tasks, upon discussion between the interns and the supervisor:
- the research, preparation, editing and posting on the official JMCE website of a notebook both in English and in Greek on one the Center’s subjects below:
- Transatlantic/Institutional Defensive Challenges in the EU, NATO, United Nations and OSCE with associate professor Mr. Voskopoulos as a coordinator
- Regulation and Supervision of the Credit Rating Agencies with associate professor Mr. Papadopoulos as coordinator
3. Challenges for foreign immediate investments in the EU and comparisons with the USA and Russia, with Professor Mr. Nikas as coordinator.
4. Equality and social exclusion in the EU with associate professor Mrs. Papadopoulou (department of Law AUTh) as coordinator
5. Youth Policies, Youth Guarantee and job in the EU with professor Skiadas as coordinator.
- the research, preparation, editing and posting on the Jean Monnet Constitutional Values Observatory website of case law collections and legislation in Greece, the EU and Member-States, both Greek and English, regarding the constitutional values of the Union (decency, equality, democracy, freedom, fundamental rights,
- the promotion of the Center’s events and news coverage
- the administrative support of the Jean Monnet Center of Excellence website
- the administrative support of the Center’s conferences on the subjects above, as well as the Constitutional Values Observatory’s
- the transcription of lectures from the Center’s conferences from this year or the last.
- the proofreading of the Center’s books that will be in English and in Greek, which includes the reading and correcting of dictation, typographic mistakes and the phrasing in the texts that deal with an in-depth analysis of European Law and European matters.
- the translation of texts from Greek to English and vice versa or the correction of translations.
- the research on databases and finding of references, case law and legislation in European law, institutions and policies.
- the montaging and posting of videos from the Center’s events on YouTube.
At the end of the internship, if completed successfully, the interns will be awarded a certificate of internship according to their duties and a recommendation letter. The interns will have the opportunity to improve their use of the English language in general, but also on terminology, and will gain experience on researching a paper and publishing notebooks, books collective editions.
For more information on the notebooks see the notebooks of the Jean Monnet Chair on the website http://afroditi.uom.gr/jmc/
For everything the Center of Excellence has published see http://jmcexcellence.uom.gr/%CF%83%CF%84%CF%8C%CF%87%CE%BF%CE%B9/