Summer School on “the EU Area of Freedom, Security and Justice”11/05/2017
Discussions on the future of Europe 2017-2018, 23-24 October 201712/10/2017
The Jean Monnet Center of Excellence of the University of Macedonia “Research on Crucial Issues of European Integration” organizes on Thursday 25 May 2017, from 9.30 to 14.30, a conference with title “ European Educational Area and Life Long Learning”.
The conference will address key issues concerning the European Educational Area and lifelong learning, professional training but also issues for vulnerable social groups.
- The course and the new goals towards a European Educational Area
- The developments in Higher Education in EU
- The institutional framework and operational challenges for the recognition of skills and qualifications in the EU.
- The education of vulnerable social groups in the era of lifelong learning
- Life skills to build decentralized learning synergies to support basic skills with people with low qualification and in vulnerable social groups
- The European strategy for vocational education and training and lifelong learning in the context of the European Union Strategy “Europe 2020”: The situation in EU and the Greek case.
On the above issues professors from the University of Macedonia, the University of Piraeus, the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki and the University of Crete will give speeches:
- Foteini Asderaki, Assistant Professor, Jean Monnet Chair on “European Union’s Education, Training, Research and Innovation Policies”, Department of International & European Studies, University of Piraeus
- Dimitrios Skiadas, Associate Professor, Department of International & European Studies, Thematic Coordinator of the Jean Monnet Center of Excellence, University of Macedonia
- Sofia Boutsiouki, Lecturer, Department of International & European Studies, University of Macedonia
- Vasiliki Karavakou, Associate Professor, Department of Educational and Social Policy, University of Macedonia
- George Zarifis, Assistant Professor of Lifelong Education, Department of Philosophy & Education, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- Nikolaos Papadakis, Professor and Director of the Center for Policy Research and Documentation, Department of Political Science of the University of Crete, Deputy Director of the University of Xrete Research Centre
Each Session will be followed by a discussion.
Admission is free and attendance certificates will be awarded by the Jean Monnet Center of Excellence.